Materials available for research:
The AAHL provides the following materials to carry out the research on aquatic animal diseases.
- Viral and bacterial pathogens encountered in Indian aquaculture system
- Plasmids with partial viral genome used as positive control for PCR and RT-PCR analysis (YHV, TSV, IMNV and GAV)
- Antibodies for viral and bacterial pathogens (WSSV, HPV, MrNV, fish nodavirus and Vibrio anguillarum)
- PCR and RT-PCR Diagnostic kits for pathogens of aquatic animals.
- Clones constructed with genes of viral and bacterial pathogens and useful for developing diagnostics and vaccines.
- Clones for production of dsRNA specific to WSSV and HPV of shrimp.
- Fish cell lines for virlogical, toxicological and gene expression studies.
- Herbal immunostimulants for shrimp.